Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

What have I done?

It didnt feel like as if I have done anything at all. In fact, it felt like I have wasted an entire year. So... I thought maybe I should think about what are my regrets this year and change to a better person next year. :D

What I couldnt achieve this year, in terms of life, was to finish my MSc studies and graduate. Partly was due to my inability & incompetence to produce enough manuscripts to expedite my examination process. Other than that, it was also due to my own lack of seriousness towards my work and thesis submission which is why NOW, i am stuck at this stage and end up here. As of end of 2008, I have no savings to save my life, and have bad financial management (not to mention time management) so, I would dare to say that my biggest regret is to have never planned my time and expenses properly.

My 2009 resolution would be to discipline myself all over again, to teach myself responsibilities of being an ADULT. In short, to grow up.

2008 was an interesting year in terms of travel. I supposed I had my priorities wrong when I spent my money on taking 5 diving specialties and went to Sipadan... Although I wanted to gain my Master scuba diver license this year, but I am unable to afford the EFR license therefore, it has been postponed to a later date, hopefully in 2009. Then again, since 2009 is the beginning of my financial crisis year, I supposed it's rational and logical to put diving activities aside despite the fact that I have already bought tickets to Kuala Terengganu to dive in Pulau Lang Tengah, supposedly the best local diving spot in the peninsular. I shall ponder about that decision.
2009 trips are all lined up. I have a family trip in February, possible diving trip in end of Feb, and POSSIBLY another diving trip to see the Sunfish in Bali as promised to a new found friend from my Sipadan trip. :D Well... I supposed we all should just go with the flow and concentrate on things that mattered first i.e. my studies and graduation.

Next big event in life for me, other than graduations, is my see the world or die trying in shoe string budget. :D I've been postponing this plan for almost 2 years now.. and i guess it's time for me to seriously plan this, and see it come to reality in.. maybe 2010/2011. Planning is the first step to making dreams come true. :D London here I come.

Other than that, it's the usual resolutions like... learning something new, stay healthy, and the newest addition this year is.. to read more books. I think i barely read a story book this year. this is sad.

So, 2009 will change things. :D

No comments: