Friday, April 11, 2008

One of the many things that I am not good in is adapting to a changed plan. If this is about environmental changes and is a selective pressure, then I might be able to hang on and try to let natural selection work for me. But changes in my trips, especially for budgets is a big NO-NO. Last year, I planned to take my diving skills further, an activity in which I am deeply and affectionately involved, and made reservations with the dive resort to attend five specialty courses, Peak performance buoyancy, underwater photography, deep diver, enriched air nitrox and wreck dive. I have reserved, paid downpayment of RM1000 for the courses in September 2007 and have confirmed that I will be on a budget, cutting down my expenses on everything just to take the courses. NO, I will not sacrifice any of the dive course so that I can eat. That's how adamant I am to take my diving skills further and how much a maniac I am for diving and the underwater world.

In 2 weeks or so, my long awaited trip, for the sake of advancement of skills and another milestone in life to be achieved came with some unexpected changes in budget. I was initially informed that my accommodation will be RM20 a night, of which the resort was closed down this year, and I had to settle with the next best thing at RM40, if not, RM50 a night. It's the change in budget that I cant afford, and I totally despise, changes in budget. Plus, I have also need to allocate some spare funds which have already been exhausted to attend a wedding reception in a nearby island, of which, requires me to PAY to get to the island, as well as providing 'ang pau' for the beloved bride. Not that I am complaining about that but the issue is, changes in budget. I mean, RM40-50? Are you kidding me? I have no time for sudden close down of cheap resort. This just isn't happening.

So what can I do? Well.. I could start by robbing the bank. But that is something of high risk. Then, I could hope that my income from my part-time job (in February and March) will finally be processed and the check will be issued by that time... then again, looking at the management of the people in the bursary, i think they are still processing the payroll of part timers from last year's October.. the fastest. I'll be grateful if i get a paycheck THIS bloody year. Maybe I should rob the bank. Is this why the country's crime rate is high and steadily increasing?

And what do I have to say? Yes, I am the kind of person that make THIS much noise when I need to pay an extra RM150 for a roof over my head during a trip. Why do people tolerate this kind of things? I deemed this unnecessary because it was unforeseen that a resort can close down in such a tourist spot especially at RM20 a night. I wasn't born yesterday, and the last time I checked, I am only an idiot, not mentally retarded. I will have to make calls to the resort directly instead of asking the dive centre to make the reservation for me, just to really confirm if the resort really closed down. Please dont have this misconception that I am a rich brat paying RM2300 for 5 dive courses and cant afford to pay RM250 for accommodation. My budget is not for you to criticize and however I want to spend my money or whatever amount that I have allocated for this purpose, solely is for ME to decide. Plus, if i decide on something for ME, saving RM2300 might be a pain but to me it's all worth it because it amounts to the satisfaction I derive after accomplishing this task. So, painting me as a rich brat paying RM2300 for 5 freaking dive course is not fair, because it was my hard earned money, saved a single cent at a time, all for the sake of accomplishing something and reaching one of the important milestone in MY LIFE. So no one, and i mean NO-god-damned-ONE, can take the opportunity to leech even half a cent out of this matter. This just cannot be done. It's business for you, but to me, this is personal. (-_-)

Random thought: Why am I suddenly blogging again? I dont know. Stress?

No comments: